Manchester United is readying a replacement offer for Luke Shaw, consistent with reports.
The England international has been one of the standout performers in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side this season.
United signed Alex Telles from Porto last summer during a bid to supply Shaw with competition at left-back.
And the 25-year-old has responded within the best way possible, having now established himself together of the primary names on Solskjaer’s team sheet.
Shaw has been at Old Trafford since 2014, making him one among the club’s longest-serving players despite only being in his mid-20s.
His current deal, which was signed three years ago, runs until 2023, although United has the choice to increase that by a year.
However, the Red Devils aren’t prepared to go away anything to chance and will be set to supply Shaw a bumper new contract instead.
That is consistent with a report within the Daily Mirror, which suggests United will sit down with Shaw’s representatives within the coming months.
The former Southampton defender may be a big part of Solskjaer’s plans going forward, and therefore the club believes he deserves a pay rise.
Shaw’s excellent form was rewarded with a call-up to Gareth Southgate’s England squad for the upcoming 2022 World Cup qualifiers.
Before that, he is going to be in action within the quarter-finals of the FA Cup on Sunday, as United face Leicester.
“Ole’s style is benefiting me the foremost which I even have had for a short time. His man-management is second to none, he’s specialized,” Shaw said of Solskjaer last month.
“I feel he knows exactly what he must do to urge the simplest out of the players.
“It is usually nice to possess an arm around the shoulder, I might be lying if I said it doesn’t cause you to feel better, but it’s just the arrogance and belief that the manager has shown in me has pushed me on to a different level.
“There remains far more to return I feel and that I am still quite young so I still have time to enhance .”