Jurgen Klopp insists Naby Keita won’t be leaving Liverpool this summer despite another disappointing season at Anfield.
The Reds agreed on a deal to sign the Guinea international from RB Leipzig in 2017, with the midfielder arriving on Merseyside the subsequent summer.
Keita has endured an injury-hit three years at the club, while his performances have often been inconsistent.
The 26-year-old has slipped down the midfield hierarchy and has managed just seven Premier League starts in 2020/21.
That has led to question marks over his future at Anfield, but Klopp says Keita remains in his long-term plans.
“It’s tons of things during this year, it had been tricky,” Klopp said. “We had to vary so often than within the moment you are trying to travel for stability, it adores this and that’s what we’d like.
“You can see now, for instance, Man United – I feel the last line played nearly the last 20 games together.
“Then you’ll make changes everywhere because you’ve got a correct basis. We never had that.
“Then on top of that, then making two or three changes in midfield just doesn’t compute in football. People say, ‘Try it.’ we might try definitely if we might be not only nearly sure that it could compute, but you would like stability during an eleven.
“Other teams are too good that you simply just make eight or nine changes. That hit a couple of players this year. a number of them were injured, returning took a short time.
“Naby trains rather well within the moment, I even have to mention. He trains rather well, sort of a lot of other players, and appears specialized in training. But this year now we’d like stability.
“We will make changes from time to time definitely, but it’s not like we pick now seven, eight, nine players to vary and say, ‘Maybe we will win it like this.’ The long-term way forward for Naby Keita, from my point of view, is here, yes.”
Liverpool is seven points adrift of the highest four and must beat Manchester United on Sunday to stay their Champions League hopes alive.